We strive to promote health through annual physicals, routine vaccinations, monthly deworming and heartworm prevention, and proper flea and tick control. We do our best to make sure clients are well informed of the latest and best options in the daily care of their pets. We carry Science Diet, Purina, and Royal Canin prescription diets. We work to keep our prices on heartworm preventatives and flea and tick products comparable with online pharmacies so that you can find convenience and value right here in your community. In addition to our small animal services, we also offer health certificate exams and routine preventative care, such as vaccinations and fecal parasite testing, for certain large animal species, including horses, goats, and alpacas. Please call us at (804) 769-3200 for more information.
Did you know?
- Puppies and kittens should be dewormed beginning at 2 weeks of age.
- If females are spayed before their first heat cycle, their risk for mammary tumors is dramatically reduced.
- Interceptor Plus heartworm pills control one additional intestinal worm that Heartgard Plus misses.
- Dogs that have access to run can potentially be exposed to more intestinal parasites and transmissible diseases, and therefore may need a shorter interval between vaccines and dewormings.
- Once you have a flea problem, it may take 12 months to eliminate them from your premises.
- Because our area has such mild winters, our pets need parasite prevention year-round.
After Hours Information
In case of after-hours emergencies, please contact one of the following
Veterinary Emergency Hospitals:
Dogwood Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center:
Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center:
Veterinary Referral and Critical Care:
Pet Poison Helpline: 1-800-213-6680
ASPCA Poison Control: 1-888- 426-4435
King William Animal Control: (804)769-0492
King and Queen Animal Control: (804) 785-7400
Regional Animal Shelter: (804) 769-4983
Indian Rivers Humane Society: (804) 885-3109
Richmond SPCA: (804) 521-1300